TAKE PRIDE IN KENTWOOD!
Sharon Brinks’ campaign for Mayor of Kentwood is underlined by one principle – take pride in Kentwood. As a lifelong resident of West Michigan, a Kentwood business and homeowner, and the longest serving elected commissioner, Sharon has the integrity, experience and vision to move Kentwood forward.
Proud Daughter of West Michigan:
- Grew up on 56th Street between Clyde Park and Burlingame
- One of seven children of Marvin and Helen (VanderPloeg) Brinks
- Attended Immanuel Christian Reformed Church & current member of Forest Hills Presbyterian Church
- Member of Presbyterians Pro-life
- Attended South Christian and Kelloggsville Christian schools
- Graduated from Calvin College and Wayne State University Law School
- Affirms her commitment to life by parenting teenage foster daughters
A Strong and Experienced Voice For Our Community:
- Kentwood Business Owner (Brinks & Associates) and homeowner since 1988
- 16 years as an at-large City Commissioner after being encouraged to run by Mayor Bill Hardiman
- Served as Mayor Pro-Tem under Mayor Richard Root
- Honorary Auxiliary member, Am Vets Post 23
- Scenic Lake Neighborhood Association
- President’s Award recipient, Michigan Foster & Adoptive Parents Organization
Sharon’s Vision For Kentwood:
- Fill business vacancies along 44th Street and 28th Street and other business districts in our city while cultivating job growth and expanding our tax base and revenues.
- Focus on restoring property values so new families, home buyers and businesses are attracted to Kentwood. That begins with the promotion of vibrant public and charter schools, keeping taxes low and promoting upward mobility through our diverse workforce.
- Promote a small and smart government, prioritize government spending, and implement a Better Government Hotline that goes directly to the Mayor’s office.
- Preserve our great City by encouraging a walkable and “bikeable” community, plant trees to replace those lost to the ash borer and recognize businesses that embrace recycling processes
— to be continued—